Bikram Yoga is designed especially with the first time student in mind. As Bikram himself would put it, “It’s never too late, you’re never too old, you’re never too sick, to start from scratch, to be born again with yoga!” All of the classes on our schedule are suitable for first time students. No experience is necessary, just the desire to live a healthier, happier life!
Introductory Offer – 2 Weeks Unlimited Yoga Classes $39
Here are some tips to prepare for your first class:
- Arrive well hydrated! Drink water throughout the day to prepare for your 90 minutes in the hot room!
- Dress appropriately. No need to be too modest, wear what you will be most comfortable sweating in. Most women prefer shorts and a jog bra or tank top. Guys, be sure you can move and stretch in the shorts you wear!
- Bring with you two towels and a large bottle of water. If you have your own yoga mat, bring it along, otherwise mat and towel rentals are available at the studio.
- Bring an open mind! While you may not be able to perform all the postures as well as you feel others in the class are on your first visit, don’t be discouraged! A successful Bikram Yoga practice requires persistence and determination. Remember, yoga is not about how perfectly you perform the postures but instead how perfectly you try to perform the postures the right way. Listen to your instructor and work at a comfortable pace, with a little practice and experience you’ll quickly feel right at home!
- Take your second class ASAP! We encourage all new students to come back for their second class the next day -- especially if you wake up a little tender. Stiffness and sore muscles are indicators of the strengthening and transformation taking place as a result of your practice. Following up with another class will assist in conditioning the muscles and advance the healing process.